After doing extensive research over the past few years on AR10s, the 308 equivalent of an AR15, I finally purchased one. The Ruger SR-762, in my opinion, has the quality and price that is as good as it gets. I do not have the range to test it beyond two hundred yards so, for my needs, it is perfect. The Luepold VX2 scope is a terrific scope at a decent price. I am posting the highlights of the SR-762 from the Ruger website, and videos from You Tube. The AR15s and the AR10s are both great rifles. The major differences are the price, ammunition cost( 1,000 rounds of 223 is about 30 cents per round, and the 308 is about 60 cents per round), Ar15 magazine holds 30 rounds and the AR10 magazine holds 20 rounds, The 308 cartridge is a more powerful round, and the recoil is almost non existent on an AR15.
THE AR PLATFORM REDEFINED.
- A patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston delivers a smooth power stroke to bolt carrier.
- The four-position chrome-plated gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. The gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor.
- Folding backup iron sights include a windage-adjustable rear sight and an elevation-adjustable front sight. These sights provide a solid, reliable aiming system that can be folded out of the way to make room for optics and can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged 7120 alloy steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.
- Fluted barrel, for reduced weight and improved barrel cooling, features a Ruger® flash suppressor mounted with a 5/8″-24 thread.
- Round, smooth-sided Ruger® lightweight adaptable handguard with flattop receiver features a Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail at 12:00 position that extends the full length of the handguard. Drilled and tapped for additional rails at the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions (two additional rail sections included), providing ample space for mounting sights, lights, lasers or other accessories.
- Lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL™ collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube.
- Chrome-plated bolt and chrome-plated one-piece bolt carrier with oversized and radiused rear bearing surface.
- Also includes: three, 20-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines; soft-sided case; three finger-grooved rail covers.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.